The Session is responsible for the mission and governance of Paxton. Session members, known as Elders, also serve on various ministries of the church. Elder duties include receiving new members, providing for the growth of church members through care, programming and mission opportunities, establishing the budget, and managing church property.
- Jerry Bingaman, Chair, Property Management Ministry
- LaVerne Collins, Chair, Christian Education Ministry
- Nino Giambrone, Chair, Finance Ministry
- Jan Gough, Christian Education Ministry
- Karen Herrold, Chair, Mission
- Janice Hutchinson, Co-Chair, Evangelism & Outreach
- Robert Martin, Finance Ministry
- Jay Kealey, Chair, Pastoral Relations & Staff Ministry
- Jane Rising, Chair, Worship & Music Ministry
- Judy Schmidt, Mission Ministry
- Susan Shuey, Worship & Music
- Kitti Taylor, Clerk of Session, Pastoral Relations & Staff
- Sharon Webb, Chair, Technology & Media Ministry, Co-Chair, Evangelism & Outreach Ministry
- Craig Staudenmaier, Chair, Stewardship Ministry
As set forth by the Presbyterian Book of Order, members of the Board of Deacons seek to minister to those who are in need, to the sick, to the friendless, and to anyone who may be in distress both within and beyond the community of faith.
Board of Deacons
- Sally Appleby
- Tara Frank, Treasurer
- Cheryl Holtzman
- Jim Holtzman
- Janet Hitz
- Diane Jacobs
- Tom Leaver
- Savannah Moyer
- Hung Nguyen
- Leigh Ramsey, Secretary
- Diana Robertson
- Cathy Roland, Moderator
- Merideth Staudenmaier
- Bev Ziebell
Christian Education Ministry
Nurtures the personal growth in faith for all age groups through the study of the word of God.
Evangelism and Outreach Ministry
Offers care for and nurturing of new and current members, plans fellowship activities for members of all ages, and promotes evangelism within the congregation and to our neighbors.
Coordinates the mission work of Paxton and takes the Christian message of love and hope beyond our walls and out into the community.
Manages finances, annual budgeting and stewardship of gifts.
Worship and Music Ministry
Oversees all aspects of worship and music.
Pastoral Relations and Staff Ministry
Provides support and oversight of all staff and administrative activities.
Property Management Ministry
Oversees the maintenance and repair of Paxton’s buildings, grounds and church graveyard.
Technology and Media Ministry
Manages all audio-visual technology for Paxton.
The Stewardship Ministry seeks to encourage and to educate the congregation on how to best be good stewards of all its members and their needs through both traditional and creative means of support and with gatherings, events, programs and other methods of “inreach” to meet those needs.